Graduate Lawyer Salary range $71,499 - $81,222 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Lawyer Legal 2 Salary range $85,112 - $97,238 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Lawyer Legal 3 Salary range $103,405 - $120,690 per annum plus 15.4% superannuation
Full PBI salary packaging available
Legal Aid is seeking suitably qualified graduate and experienced lawyers for a range of positions in our growing Migration Unit within the Civil Justice Practice.
Our Migration Lawyers provide advice and assistance primarily to refugees, and in relation to other humanitarian visas. We represent clients at the Department level, in the Migration and Refugee Division and General Division of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal, with Ministerial requests and at Judicial Review.
Applicants should have an interest in, and ideally good knowledge of, immigration and citizenship law, and a keen interest in working with refugees and asylum seeker communities.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers variety, challenge and professional development – then we want to hear from you…apply now!
If you are
- Someone who thrives in an environment that throws a few curve balls
- Someone who has a “can do” positive attitude towards life and people
- Someone who has technical and digital literacy
- Someone who is confident and has a mature outlook
- Someone who is well-presented and articulate
- Someone who can remain calm during busy times and with deadlines nearing
- Someone who learns fast and remembers for next time
- Someone who is self-motivated and shows initiative
- Someone with excellent work ethics
- Someone with excellent attention to detail
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment that offers variety, challenge and professional development, we want to hear from you - apply now by clicking here!
Applications should include a current CV and a statement of suitability against the selection criteria (max 2 pages).
The successful applicant must have rights to live and work in this country. The successful candidate will be required to undergo a background check during the recruitment process, and an offer of employment is conditional on satisfactory results and credential verification.
Further information is available from the Position Description or by contacting Derek Schild on 6243 3403
Closing date for applications: Monday 4 December 2023