We have a range of immediate and ongoing support available to our community.
If you need help, please contact our Legal Aid information helpline on 1300 654 314.
If you have an urgent concern about your personal safety, please call ACT Policing on 000.
Physical and mental health safety
If the Legal Aid ACT cyber incident raises issues for you or your family, help is available.
If you are concerned about your immediate safety or life-threatening situation, please call police on Triple Zero (000).
You can call Police Operations on 131 444 if it is a non-emergency, but you require police assistance.
Victim Support ACT at the ACT Human Rights Commission
Victim Support ACT is open and ready to support you. Please call them if you need to talk about your safety, access to counselling, immediate financial assistance in relation to a violent crime or are worried about the way you’ve been treated by police, prosecutors, the courts or corrections in connection to being a victim of crime.
- Phone: (02) 6205 2222
- Website: https://www.victimsupport.act.gov.au/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hours of operation: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday
Domestic Violence Crisis Centre
If you would like to develop a safety plan around this incident, please contact the Domestic Violence Crisis Centre.
- Crisis Line: 02 6280 0900
- Website: https://dvcs.org.au/
- Hours of operation: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
Canberra Rape Crisis Centre (CRCC)
CRCC counselling, crisis appointments and advocacy appointments are available on the phone. A 24-hour callout service to police and forensic services is open for those wishing to report sexual assault.
- Phone: 6247 2525
- Website: https://crcc.org.au/
- Hours of operation: 7:00am to 11:00pm, 7 days a week
Support is available for those experiencing sexual, domestic and family violence.
- Phone: 1800 RESPECT (737 732)
- Web chat: Go to the website and choose ‘Online Chat’ at the bottom of the page
You can contact Lifeline by calling 13 11 14 or visiting the Lifeline website.
You can contact Beyond Blue by calling 1300 22 4636 or visiting the Beyond Blue website.
Kids Helpline is Australia’s only free (even from a mobile), confidential 24/7 online and phone counselling service for young people aged 5 to 25. Qualified counsellors at Kids Helpline are available via WebChat, phone or email anytime and for any reason.
You can contact Kids Helpline by calling 1800 55 1800 or visiting the Kids Helpline website.
Menslink has been supporting young men in the Canberra region for over twenty years through their free counselling, volunteer mentoring, and education programs. They help young men get through tough or lonely times with the least amount of pain or harm to themselves or those around them. Their services are provided at no cost and are available to all young men, transgender or non-binary young people aged 10-25.
You can contact Menslink by calling 02 6239 4699 or visiting the Menslink website.
The Australian Cyber Security Centre offers help and advice in the event of a cybercrime incident. They have a range of resources to help you make your personal or business information more secure.
You can contact them for advice:
- Hotline: 1300 CYBER1(1300 292 371)
- Website: https://www.cyber.gov.au/information
Report a cybercrime
You can report a cybercrime to police through their ReportCyber portal.
You can view the easy-to-follow cyber security information in other languages.
You can access a range of cyber safety information and resources.
- View their resources library for a full list of guides and tips.
- Read a range of step-by-step guides for individuals and families.
- Download their one page guide to staying secure as a quick look at the best things you can do to stay safe.
You can subscribe to the ASCS alert services to get information on recent online threats and how they are managed.
You can get legal help on a range of issues.
Legal Aid ACT
Legal Aid ACT phone lines are available during weekdays.
- Legal Aid Information helpline: 1300 654 31
Women’s Legal Centre ACT
Women’s Legal Centre solicitors and social workers assist women who cannot afford a private lawyer and do not qualify for Legal Aid.
- Phone: (02) 6257 4377
- Email for referrals: email@example.com
- Hours of operation: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Street Law is a free and confidential outreach legal service for people, including services targeted to young people, who are experiencing or at risk of homelessness. Street Law provides legal advice and casework assistance and connects clients with other services.
- Phone: 1800 STR LAW (1800 787 529) or (02) 6218 7900
- Open: Level 1, 21 Barry Drive Turner to make an appointment or attend an advice clinic at their outreach locations.
If you or someone you know is experiencing, or at risk of experiencing, homelessness in the ACT. There are specialist services for men, women and young people. OneLink works closely with all services, including 24-hour services, to assess needs, make referrals and connect clients with appropriate support.
- Phone: 1800 176 468
- Website: https://www.onelink.org.au/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open Monday to Friday: 8:00am to 6:00pm; Saturday and Sunday: 12.30pm to 5:00pm
ACT Government support
A range of additional community services and support are available on the Community Services Directorate.