Protecting our clients has been our highest priority since we were told about this event. We are regularly adding more advice to this page.
If you need help, please contact our Legal Aid information helpline on 1300 654 314.
If you have an urgent concern about your personal safety, please call ACT Policing on 000.
Online harm and abuse
The Australian eSafety Commissioner site provides practical advice on what to do to feel safe online. Their team of educators, investigators, lawyers, policy analysts, technology experts, digital specialists and other professionals share one goal – a safer and more positive online experience for all Australians. eSafety helps Australians prevent and deal with harm caused by serious online abuse or illegal and restricted online content.
- You can report online abuse to the eSafety Commissioner.
- eSafety offer counsellors and support if you are suffering from the impacts of serious online abuse or exposure to disturbing content.
- You can view their support for children and young people or find out how they help adults.
- View the client factsheet
- View the staff factsheet
Scamwatch is run by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC). It provides information to consumers and small businesses about how to recognise, avoid and report scams. If you have been threatened, assaulted or had your property stolen, contact your local police immediately.
If you think your bank account details have been compromised, alert your bank or financial institution immediately. If the scammer first made contact through a website, social media, by email or phone, contact the relevant company with the scammer’s details. Your report will help them take action to disrupt scams.
Report a scam
- You can report a scam that you have seen or experienced.
Sign up for alerts
- You can subscribe to the Scamwatch radar for email alerts on the latest scams.
- You can get help and find out what to do next to stay safe.
Learn more about scams
- You can find out more about the types of scams and how you can protect yourself.